How Do You File for Divorce in Riverside County?
- Meet the residency requirement
- Meet the fault-based or no-fault divorce requirement
- Get a divorce packet from the Riverside County courthouse or download it online
- Fill out the divorce forms
- Make copies of all divorce papers
- File your divorce papers with the court
- Serve copies of the divorce papers to the other party
What happens after you file for divorce is where things get complicated. Make sure you have an experienced Riverside County divorce attorney on your side to ensure you take the correct steps and are strongly represented in court.
Where to File for Divorce in Riverside County
Riverside Family Law Courthouse:
- Address: 4175 Main Street, Riverside, Ca. 92501 (Click Here for Directions)
- Phone: (951) 777-3147
- Hours: 7:30am – 2:00pm, Mon – Fri (except court holidays)
How Much Does a Divorce Cost in Riverside County?
In Riverside County, the initial filing fee for a petition for dissolution (divorce) is $435. Please note that this does not include attorney fees, or any fees for additional motions or orders that may arise during the course of your divorce case.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Divorce in Riverside County?
In Riverside County, the fastest you can get a divorce is 6 months. This is because California has a mandatory waiting period for divorce, so you cannot get a divorce any faster than 6 months from the date of filing. That being said, most divorces take longer, especially if they are contested or involve complex property division, child custody disputes, or child support issues. The most reliable way to find out how long your divorce might take is to consult a divorce attorney in Riverside County, CA.
Contact us online or call our office at (951) 506-6654 to schedule a consultation with a Riverside County divorce lawyer. We have offices in Murrieta and Corona, serving clients across all of Riverside County!