Modification of Child Custody 

Child Custody Modification Attorney

Call Today for a Consultation – (951) 506-6654

Going through a divorce can be an emotional and wearisome process. The process of determining child custody arrangement can be equally challenging and the court must make the final decision when two parents cannot agree to an uncontested divorce. If you are seeking to modify your child custody or visitation arrangement, you must be able to prove that there was a significant change in circumstances in order to warrant the modification.

Reasons to Change Your Parenting Plan

California courts place a high emphasis on maintaining stability in child custody arrangements. As a result, the parent seeking the custody modification will have to prove that the new custody arrangement is in the best interest of the child and that the change in circumstances is substantial enough to warrant the change. The child custody lawyers at our firm understand the intricacies of child custody modification and how to prove the significance of your circumstances.

Each of the following are reasons for parents to consider a modification:

  • One parent wishes to move to a new location. If you have joint physical custody with your ex, you likely cannot move more than a certain distance away. You will have to file a petition with the court if you wish to move past those parameters.

  • Cases of domestic violence or child abuse are also grounds for a custody modification. You should always start by filing a restraining order if you notice any signs of abuse. This can prevent the parent from coming within a certain distance from the child for their safety.

  • When one parent loses their job and is forced to drastically change their lifestyle, they may be unfit to provide for their children. If there was a substantial change in circumstance that you believe warrants a change in the terms of your custody, seek the help of an attorney.

When you work with a lawyer from Hanson, Gorian, Bradford & Hanich, we will review your case to see if you qualify for a child custody modification. No matter the issues you are facing, you can rest assured that our Corona family law attorneys have your best interests in mind. We understand that life is unexpected and that you may have experienced a significant change rendering your current child custody agreement unacceptable.

Call us today to discuss your case in a free consultation!

What If I Don't Want to Change Custody, but the Other Parent Does?

What often happens is that just one of the parents wants to file a minor or major modification of the custody orders. While you may be happy with the current plan, your child's other parent may not be. If they choose to file for a modification of custody orders, then you cannot necessarily stop them from doing so. What you can do, however, is file for contempt or clarification. Remember, the court will be evaluating what is in the best interest of the child. Our firm can work with you in order to prove that a modification would not be beneficial, if you truly believe that the parenting plan is working fine.

Call Hanson, Gorian, Bradford & Hanich

If you have faced a significant change in your life you may wish to seek or contest a modification to protect your child, even if your original child custody arrangement was working. The legal team of professionals at Hanson, Gorian, Bradford & Hanich is committed to helping parents achieve better situations for the lives of their children. With our experience in the field of child custody, we have the resources and capability to provide exceptional legal representation for your child custody modification case.

Take action today: call (951) 687-6003 now to retain a Corona child custody lawyer!

Hear From Our Past Clients

  • “The attorneys and support staff at Hanson, Gorian and Bradford are very attentive to all of my legal needs.”

    - J.W.
  • “I cannot begin to express how pleased and impressed I am with the expert legal services of Mr. Hanson and Ms. Hanich. They are amazing individuals and really work hard for their clients.”

    - J.N.
  • “Mr. Hanson, you and your staff helping me through my divorce was so nice and helpful. You gave me excellent advice. Now I know why you came so highly recommended.”

    - L.S.
  • “I appreciate all you do. Can't thank you guys enough!”

    - J.N.
  • “We have found our family law firm and will refer anyone who needs legal help to you. Thank you so much for all your help and reassurance along the way.”

    - B.H.

Choose a Law Firm You Can Trust

Call (951) 506-6654 or fill out the form below to get in touch with our experienced team.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.