Corona Drug Crime Attorney
Being involved with illegal drugs can involve severe consequences in the criminal courts. Whether you are simply in possession of the drug, are making or selling drugs, or are involved in drug trafficking, these types of charges are typically heavily prosecuted. Having a Corona drug crime attorney defending your future and freedom is imperative. The sooner legal representation is brought onto your criminal defense case in Corona, CA, the more opportunity there is to improve its outcome.
Cultivation, Distribution, Possession, Sale & More
Drug crimes penalties are different depending on the nature of the offense. For example, possession charges are not penalized as heavily as drug trafficking charges. Below are the different types of drug cases we at Hanson, Gorian, Bradford & Hanich are able to take on.
- Cultivation: The cultivation of marijuana is illegal under § 11358 of the California Code. Although Proposition 215 (The Compassionate Use Act) made it legal for certain qualifying individuals to cultivate their own cannabis for medical use, other types of cultivation are felony offenses.
- Distribution: These charges are different depending on what drug is being distributed as well as how much of the said drug was distributed. For example, distribution of marijuana is usually a misdemeanor while cocaine distribution is a felony.
- Manufacturing: According to § 11379.6 of the Health and Safety Code, manufacturing any drugs, narcotics or controlled substances without a license to do so is against the law. Drug manufacturing is a felony punishable by time in state prison and heavy fines.
- Possession: Possession of a controlled substance without a valid prescription is illegal per § 11350 of the California Health & Safety Code. Possession charges can be as small as an infraction (ex. small amounts of marijuana) or they can be charged as felonies.
- Possession for Sale: Law enforcement may be able to find drugs on your person or property, but how can they determine if you meant to sell them? Possession for sale charges usually stem from evidence such as packaging material and large quantities of the drug.
- Trafficking: Drug trafficking is a federal drug offense because it involves transporting illegal narcotics over state lines and sometimes even over the Mexican border. These are serious felony offenses.
View Our Drug Crime Case Results
Hanson, Gorian, Bradford & Hanich has helped many people who were facing drug charges. Read about our success with these types of cases by viewing some of our drug crime case results!
The Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 strictly regulates drug crimes by means of a uniform system, dividing the severity of drug crime levels into five different "Schedules":
- Schedule I: A high potential for abuse with no medicinal benefits, such as heroin, mescaline, ecstasy, peyote, LSD and marijuana.
- Schedule II: Although currently accepted for medical use, drugs with a high potential for abuse and severe psychological or physical dependency, such as cocaine, opium, amphetamines, methadone, and methamphetamines.
- Schedule III: Moderate potential lower than that of Schedule II substances, such as naline.
- Schedule IV: Limited potential for dependency and accepted for medicinal use, such as meprobamate, chloral hydrate, tranquilizers, sedatives, and sleeping aids.
- Schedule V: Low potential for abuse, accepted for medicinal use and low risk for dependency, such as limited use of codeine and other narcotics.
Potential sentences for drug offenses may include any of the following:
- Court-ordered rehabilitation
- Community service
- Forfeiture of your personal assets and property such as homes, cars or other assets (in some larger cases)
Drug Crime Lawyer in Corona
At Hanson, Gorian, Bradford & Hanich, we fight aggressively to protect you from the potential consequences attached to your charge. We will thoroughly investigate your case and pursue any factors which may lead to a dismissal or reduction of your charges. If your case does proceed, our strategic preparation and impressive courtroom skills will be used to execute a strategic defense on your behalf. Our firm provides a free consultation to help you may get started on your road to justice.