Emergency Child Custody Orders
Take Immediate Action with a Riverside Divorce Attorney
Are you in the middle of a family law or divorce dispute? Issues like
visitation agreements, and
child support can have a significant impact on your future. These are important matters,
so the court may take a long time arranging a settlement that works for
your family and is in the best interest of your child.
Sometimes, parents seek custody because their child (or children) is in
immediate danger. If you are afraid for your child's safety, speak
to a child custody lawyer in Riverside to see if an emergency custody
order may be appropriate. Generally speaking, an emergency order is for
parents or guardians who want temporary custody of their child while the
court makes a permanent determination.
Reasons to Seek Emergency Child Custody
- The child is currently living in a dangerous household or situation
- The other parent abandoned or neglected the child
- The child's current living arrangement does not comply with his / her
- The child needs to be protected from immediate or possible danger
How Do I File for Emergency Child Custody in California?
Filing for emergency custody can be complicated; a qualified
family lawyer in Riverside can help you fill out and turn in the appropriate paperwork.
- Fill out the following documents: (form #FL-310) Application for Order
and Supporting Declaration, (form #FL-330) Proof of Service form, (form
#FL-300) Order to Show Cause, and (form #FL-305) Temporary Orders.
- Make copies of each document: one copy for yourself, two copies for the
child's other parent, and one extra copy.
- Give an unfiled copy of the forms to the other parent. You can also give
these copies to the other parent's attorney.
Fill out the
Declaration in Support of Ex Parte Application for Orders
form and turn it into the court.
Call Hanson, Gorian, Bradford & Hanich at 951-687-6003.
For additional information and a free case evaluation,
call our office today. With experience in thousands of cases over the course of 50+ combined
years, our legal team is are well-versed in California family law. Coupled
with our passion for helping others, our experience may be able to give
you the added advantage that you need to secure a favorable case outcome.
Fill out a free,
online case evaluation
form at your convenience.